Brussels is simply Europe’s Association Capital!
No other city can offer such an extensive, deep-rooted association ecosystem and association community, an ideal destination from which any association can advance their mission.
- More int’l association HQ’s and regional offices than any other European city
- More than 60 European and global institutions and intergovernmental organisations
- Unrivalled pool of experienced association talent
- Specialist representation, lobbying & association service companies
- Great connectivity – Paris, London, Amsterdam, Cologne all under 2 hours by high-speed train
- Top-rated quality of life in a vibrant multicultural environment
- Specialist high-level education – Masters in Int’l Association Management
Brussels has set up a dedicated Association Bureau within the city’s official destination marketing organisation, visit.brussels, to attract and provide a wide range of support for any association operating or wishing to locate in the city, including practical check-lists and advice on how to set up an international association, top quality education events such as the annual European Association Summit, and regular news and reports about and for the international association community.
Important Brussels-based organisations include:
European Society of Association Executives (ESAE): membership organisation for association leaders and managers.
Federation of European and International Associations established in Belgium (FAIB): membership organisation for international associations based in Belgium.
International Associations Centre (MAI): shared resource centre and office space for international associations based in Brussels.
Union of International Associations (UIA): world-respected authority on international associations, their missions, and scope and scale of activities, including valuable data on meetings.
For Association Bureau queries, please contact us so we can connect you with the right person to help you.